9/17/08

the fairies still don't know why they were blamed

Your bodily soul wants comforting.
The severe father wants spiritual clarity. -- Rumi

Two young women came upon a garden. Even at the first glance they could tell this garden held more interest, and held more enjoyable experiences then they could hope for in two or even three lifetimes. After a short discussion about what their parents would think they decided that they wanted to spend the rest of their lives enjoying the plants and tending to the garden. After several years they become master gardeners. There where difficulties but they had each other, and by this time several other gardeners had joined them.

One day the two women are talking about how much they enjoyed the garden when their beautiful friendship meant a very sad ending.
-- "I love how beautifully everything works together when it is properly tended."
-- "Me too. I really enjoy the fairies. They really make it worth it."
-- "I'm sorry, what fairies?"
-- "You know the fairies that clean the signs that lead to the garden. They also sing, and tell us how much they enjoy our work."
-- "I'm sorry, but I still don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps it isn't as important that we both see fairies, but that we both see the garden?"
-- "You don't know what I'm talking about? How can you say you love me? I need to be with people who also love fairies. I've found someone who loves fairies."

After that day the two friends never spoke again. The fairies still don't know why they were blamed for the sad ending.

No comments: